[c-nsp] Can I encrypt syslog traffic in IOS

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Mar 29 15:47:58 EDT 2011

On Mar 29, 2011, at 11:26 PM, Hammer wrote:

>  In the end, we may just policy route the syslog traffic thru a tunnel.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to encrypt your syslog traffic?  You're exporting down your OOB management network (i.e., DCN), yes?

If anyone's in a position to sniff the syslog traffic on the DCN - or even inband on the production network, for that matter - then there are problems on said network which encrypting syslog won't solve, heh.

;>

		The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

			  -- Oscar Wilde