[c-nsp] Serial lead

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Wed Mar 30 00:18:44 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:15:40PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> The keyspan USA-19HS does not work well on 32 bit os/x these days, and
> barely at all on 64 bit.

???

I have dozens of the Keyspan units in production with no problems
anywhere, with a wide range of various versions of OSX. I have not had
any systems that needed the 64-bit driver yet, so I have yet to see
that in action. But I keep my desktop & laptop up-to-date and have
zero issues. The Keyspan units seem rock-solid as ever to me.

The PL2303 dongles work just fine with the proper driver (ie. the
SF.net one is what I usually get).

The new-school Cisco USB console connection just works on a Mac as
well without loading drivers (although who knows, maybe something old
I picked up once long ago handled the connection). I thought that was
pretty slick (although I don't have that long of mini-USB cables, have
to get some longer ones of those).