[c-nsp] Serial lead

Ryan Wilkins ryan at deadfrog.net
Tue Mar 29 08:06:30 EDT 2011

On Mar 29, 2011, at 6:26 AM, Gary Smith <lists at l33t-d00d.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm using a PL2303 based converter. Down side is that you can't send break commands with it (limitation of the chipset, apparently). Cost me less than a tenner, though.

I've run into the break problem in the past, however, a work around for that is to set your baud rate to 1200 and keep the space bar pressed to get it to repeat sending a bunch of spaces which simulates a break close enough that it fools the equipment. Then set back to your desired baud rate and see if it worked.  It may take a few times to get it right but it does work.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Ryan Wilkins