[c-nsp] PWE3 suggestions?

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed May 18 18:19:13 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-18 22:51, Mike wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an adtran TA5000 and it's got a 32 port t1 card that does pseudowire.
> Adtran itself can't seem to give me any usage guidelines or examples using
> anything for pwe3 other than their own (non-desireable) mx480 product. We
> want to have a 7200 or something else in the cisco family that can take t1's
> over pseudowire and route and such but we are having a hard time figuring
> this out. Is there anyone who has PWE3 experience or can reccomend something
> in the cisco family we might use here? We don't need gigabits per second,
> just something we can aggregate subscribers on pseudowire t1's.

Any decent ISR will do - 2900, 3900 series is your friend coupled with
VWIC3's. 7200 is of course an option given NPE-G1/G2 and appropriate
PAs. Question is scale of T1 ports.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net