[c-nsp] Config sync utility

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu May 19 14:42:52 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-19, at 1:39 PM, Raymond Burkholder wrote:

>> Is there such a beast as something that can synchronize portions of IOS
>> config and provide an output that an administrator can run through clogin
> or
>> something (or in a perfect world, this tool would login to each node to
> and
>> synchronize the relevant portions of the config itself)?  Something more
>> sophisticated than a simple config diff.
>>

> Maybe look at it the other way.   Generate a generic config, and push it
> out.  Something like:
>
> http://www.netomata.com/tools/ncg
>
> I don't know if it is in common use.  Have heard of it a long time ago.

This is actually what I was originally after, but thought it would be even more complex to have a tool need to have the intelligence to omit certain non-default stuff, like interface IPs, ISIS net numbers, routerIDs, etc.  As a result, I opted to ask for what I thought would be the more readily available and reasonable alternative.

I'll check this out.