[c-nsp] Catalyst 6524 rate limit per port/vlan

Pavel Dimow paveldimow at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:32:24 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'am thinking of using CAT6524 as access switches for our pure l2vpn
customers. I have started reading about rate limiting
capabilities of those switches but it I can't find a way to do a per
port or per vlan rate limit. With MQC I can limit the speed in
inbound but not in outbound direction. Is there any better way to do
it? I don't understand what is the problem with
outbound rate limit for Cisco (and Juniper) switches? Is it
architecture or something else and how come that there is no
problem for rate limit on routers (even the smallest one).

Thank you for your comments.