[c-nsp] Open Source netflow recommendations

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri May 20 05:12:44 EDT 2011

On (2011-05-20 10:10 +0800), Mark Tinka wrote:

Hey,

> Yes, the Trios make some of that functionality native, but
> not in the MX80. For the MX80, some features require a MIC.

What features do you mean specifically? As far as I know, only difference MIC
have is ability to do HQoS. And even this I think is just software thing, can't
see why the chassis ports couldn't do HQoS too. Just MX80 MQ has twice the
ports compared to MPC MQ, so all MQ (memory bandwidth), LU (lookup rate) and QX
(HQoS scale) are rather underpowered in MX80 compared to MPC. Proably someone
in JNPR just decided not to allow customers to configure HQoS on chassis ports,
to avoid oversubscribing it.

--
  ++ytti