[c-nsp] Fwd: GBIC_SECURITY_CRYPT-4-ID_MISMATCH: Identification check failed for GBIC in port [dec]

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Mon May 23 16:29:36 EDT 2011

It is "service unsupported-transceiver" it is hidden so tab completion won't
help you.

cat3560-1(config)#service unsupported-transceiver
 Warning: When Cisco determines that a fault or defect can be traced to
the use of third-party transceivers installed by a customer or reseller,
then, at Cisco's discretion, Cisco may withhold support under warranty or
a Cisco support program. In the course of providing support for a Cisco
networking product Cisco may require that the end user install Cisco
transceivers if Cisco determines that removing third-party parts will
assist Cisco in diagnosing the cause of a support issue.

cat3560-1(config)#no service unsupported-transceiver

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com