[c-nsp] OC-48 transport over Cisco 6500

FF fusionfoto at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:38:34 EDT 2011

Thanks for responding. I'm looking at something like this:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2831/ps4370/product_data_sheet09186a0080092241.html

Will someone connecting to this for OC-48 transport between two
locations with MPLS encapsulation (xconnect) notice anything different
via a normal mux port? I think what you're saying is, "no". :)

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Mack McBride <mack.mcbride at viawest.com> wrote:
> The POS looks like a standard 6500 layer 3 port with of course the added POS commands.
> This means standard MPLS commands should work.
> The older POS cards lack some of the functionality of the newer cards.
> Someone may have more information if you provide the exact line card.
>
> Mack McBride
> Network Architect

FF