[c-nsp] need good recommendation for isp gateway nat bgp pbr

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu May 26 12:28:49 EDT 2011

On 26/05/2011 17:20, Brian Roche wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.  I understand the model is limited but it looks
> like it is geared towards a network of our size.  We're just accepting
> default from the upstream providers so not too worried about the size
> of the routing table.  Mostly concerned if there are NAT/PBR/BGP
> limitations.

Keep it in mind that if at some stage, you get more than one upstream
transit provider, your choice of hardware will become more important.  If
you see a likelihood of this happening within the equipment depreciation
lifetime, then I'd recommend getting an ESP10 instead.

Also, bear in mind that once you've depreciated the kit off your books, an
ESP2.5/5 is going to be worth very little on ebay in 3-5 years time,
whereas an ESP10 based box is going to maintain its value much better.

Nick