[c-nsp] need good recommendation for isp gateway nat bgp pbr

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 27 10:49:25 EDT 2011

On 27/05/11 15:16, Mark Tinka wrote:

> All NAT is evil, but I think NAT64 is less evil because
> you're not using private IPv4 or private IPv6 addresses (you

Also, if you're feeling optimistic/rosy - a successful IPv6 day
experience and reduced "brokenness" rate could result in a near-term
reduction of the load on your NAT64 box, if Google/Facebook/Akamai
decide they are going to insert production AAAAs. In that scenario, your
NAT chokepoint gets *less* loaded and everyone is all smiles.

I know some people don't buy that - but I choose the optimism ;o)