[c-nsp] IS-IS on L3 vlan interfaces

Walter Keen walter.keen at RainierConnect.net
Sun May 29 02:42:19 EDT 2011

NET addresses for all of these are
 net 49.0001.0000.0000.0081.00
replace .0081. with
0081 - cent-core
0083 - sea-core
0083 - of-core

I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking.

If I set isis network point-to-point on two of these 3, then I instantly get a L1L2 adjacency on those two.  I want a L1L2 adjancency on all 3  (preferably without creating point to point vlans)

sea-core-1#sh run int vlan700
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 218 bytes
!
interface Vlan700
 description MPLS-Qmoe
 mtu 1900
 ip address xx.yy.203.209 255.255.255.248
 ip router isis
 mpls ip
 mpls label protocol ldp
 mpls traffic-eng tunnels
 mpls bgp forwarding
 isis password test
end

sea-core-1#
cent-core-1#sh run int vlan700
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 195 bytes
!
interface Vlan700
 mtu 1900
 ip address xx.yy.203.211 255.255.255.248
 ip router isis
 mpls ip
 mpls label protocol ldp
 mpls traffic-eng tunnels
 mpls bgp forwarding
 isis password test
end

of-core-1#sh run int vlan700
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 218 bytes
!
interface Vlan700
 description MPLS-Qmoe
 mtu 1900
 ip address xx.yy.203.210 255.255.255.248
 ip router isis
 mpls traffic-eng tunnels
 mpls bgp forwarding
 mpls label protocol ldp
 mpls ip
 isis password test
end

of-core-1#
of-core-1#sh ip protocols  | b isis
Routing Protocol is "isis"
  Outgoing update filter list for all interfaces is not set
  Incoming update filter list for all interfaces is not set
  Redistributing: isis
  Address Summarization:
    None
  Maximum path: 4
  Routing for Networks:
    Vlan700
  Passive Interface(s):
    Loopback99
  Routing Information Sources:
    Gateway         Distance      Last Update
  Distance: (default is 115)

of-core-1#
of-core-1#sh clns nei

Tag null:
System Id      Interface   SNPA                State  Holdtime  Type Protocol
of-core-1#sh isis nei

Tag null:
System Id      Type Interface   IP Address      State Holdtime Circuit Id
of-core-1#

cent-core-1#sh ip protocols | b isis
Routing Protocol is "isis"
  Outgoing update filter list for all interfaces is not set
  Incoming update filter list for all interfaces is not set
  Redistributing: isis
  Address Summarization:
    None
  Maximum path: 4
  Routing for Networks:
    Vlan700
  Routing Information Sources:
    Gateway         Distance      Last Update
  Distance: (default is 115)

cent-core-1#sh clns nei

Tag null:
System Id      Interface   SNPA                State  Holdtime  Type Protocol
0000.0000.0083 Vl700       0023.3368.ea80      Init   28        L2   IS-IS
cent-core-1#sh isis nei

Tag null:
System Id      Type Interface   IP Address      State Holdtime Circuit Id
0000.0000.0083 L2   Vl700       74.50.203.209   INIT  24       0000.0000.0083.01
cent-core-1#

sea-core-1#sh ip protocols | b isis
Routing Protocol is "isis"
  Outgoing update filter list for all interfaces is not set
  Incoming update filter list for all interfaces is not set
  Redistributing: isis
  Address Summarization:
    None
  Maximum path: 4
  Routing for Networks:
    Vlan700
  Passive Interface(s):
    Loopback99
  Routing Information Sources:
    Gateway         Distance      Last Update
  Distance: (default is 115)

sea-core-1#sh clns nei

Tag null:
System Id      Interface   SNPA                State  Holdtime  Type Protocol
sea-core-1#sh isis nei