[c-nsp] using RANCID in a CCIE lab

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sun May 29 13:10:57 EDT 2011

rancid is a good tool.  It's also base on expect and perl so it's easy to
modify the scripts to do other things.  I installed this in a few other labs
(non-certification) the biggest problem I ran into was everyone's tendency
to blow away the routes,interface IP's and account info that alows RANCID to
do it's work.  Beyond that it's a great tool.  Be careful where you run it.
It's a pain to install on certain linux distros.

HTH,

Keegan