[c-nsp] 10 GigE traffic generator

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue May 31 17:03:49 EDT 2011

Depends on what you're looking for.  I've had good results with IXIA
ixiacom.com. They will do everything from FC/FCoE to simulated bgp/mpls
peerings and IMIX traffic.  It's a hardware appliance so it performs very
well and is very flexible in the types of data it can create.  It also
scales pretty high.  THey offer a 12slot chassis that gives you a ceiling of
64 10G or 300 + 1G ports.  The downside is that it's hardware based and a
little more expensive than the some of the other solutions.  They have a
rental program that's pretty reasonable depending on the length of your
test.