[c-nsp] Third Party Xenpaks

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:56:32 EST 2011

<legend says> unfortunately....it all came from a very large customer......

They were using 3rd party stuff and things were failing.  couldn't figure
it out.... told cisco to figure it out or they were going to rip everything
out.

Cisco sent staff and found that the fiber transciever they were using was
over heating and dying.  After that, cisco went to the if it ate cisco we
are not going to support it.  it's at least better..... now they let
you..... but it raises BIG flags(or causes major issues).

</Legend says>

Scott