[c-nsp] Cisco ASR1k Slow response for show ip cache flow

Mauritz Lewies mauritz at three6five.com
Tue Nov 8 18:22:51 EST 2011

Hi

Has anyone experienced slow CLI response when running a "show ip cache flow | include blah" command?

I've got asr1000rp2-advipservicesk9.03.04.01.S.151-3.S1.bin running on an ASR1004 RP2.

As soon as I run a "sh ip cache flow | in xxx" it basically stops responding and the session eventually times out.

Without the "| include" it shows data just fine.

So I thought that this must be data volume based and affect all commands returning large volumes of data, but a "show ip bgp | in xxxx" behaves fine, considering it has a full feed which has the more entries than the cache table...

Anyone seen this before? I don't want to downgrade XE if there is a workaround... But this command is needed by the NOC for troubleshooting.

Mauritz