[c-nsp] Full BGP Feed Convergence Time on ASR 1006 RP2 Setup

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Nov 11 21:21:43 EST 2011

On Saturday, November 12, 2011 05:20:27 AM Joseph Jackson
wrote:

> Silly question time,  but how are you judging that time
> on - router has stopped receiving prefixes on show ip
> bgp sum (or neighbor).

Yes - router had no iBGP sessions before. Sessions are pre-
configured on the ASR1006, and then turned up on all 3x
route reflectors simultaneously where I track 'sh ip bgp
summary' on the ASR1006.

It's crass, and you can feel the CPU working as it downloads
all 3x full sessions at the same time, but that's the time
the router takes.

The 1st session that comes up takes about 10 seconds longer
to complete than the remaining two; but all sessions are
done in under a minute.

Mark.