[c-nsp] Tacacs+ problem in cisco 7507

Rick Burts r.burts at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 14 09:30:52 EST 2011

Perhaps the first thing to do is to check the logs on the
TACACS server. Is the server seeing the request? If the
server is seeing the request and is denying then there should
be a reason given in the log record.

There are a number of things that could cause this kind of
problem. You might check these:
- is there IP connectivity between the router and the TACACS
server?
- is it possible that the TACACS requests are being filtered
out by some access list or firewall on the path to the server?
- is it possible that the shared key between the router and the
server is not correct?
- does the server have the correct configuration for the router
as a client?
- is the router sourcing the request from the address that the
server is expecting?

HTH

Rick