[c-nsp] Tacacs+ problem in cisco 7507

Ambedkar p.ambedkar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 03:28:07 EST 2011

HIi, thanks for the information.
Actually what happened is, i have configured the router for the TACACS in
the router and it was running properly.
After that the TACACS server has some different problems, and it was made
switched off. So i have disabled the TACACS in the router giving the
command "no aaa new-model", if we give command all commands related to
TACACS will be disappears. When we want to activate the service, just give
the command "aaa new-model". so, i have given this command, and i thought
all other commands also activated(Generally it happens).
But, that commands were deleted, and the router is going to TACACS server
for authentication.
So, some how i logged(remote router) the router with console, and i
configured the necessary commands, presently it is working.

But my question is, if the necessary commands are not there, then why
should router try for TACACS server, this is very dangerous.
and moreover cisco 7507 router has different console interface i.e., DB25
connector, which is not normally available.

Any way, thanks for the replies.
Bye.
Ambi