[c-nsp] OT - Old Cisco 6400 Gear

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Nov 18 15:27:37 EST 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, root net wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find or have C6400-PWR-AC
> laying around in your storage room or trash room (smile)?
> I am sure someone has this stuff around in the way.

Have you checked with one of the many used router shops online?  I don't
know how many of these you'll find though.  IIRC, the UAC 6400 was not the
game-changer that Cisco hoped it would be in the broadband aggregation
(specifically DSL) space, so I don't know if it was a big enough seller to
find much life on the secondary market.  Many of the remarketers I looked
at were doing that "request a quote" nonsense, so I don't know what kind
of a price you'd be looking at.

jms