[c-nsp] vpnv4 export map question

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Sat Nov 19 07:18:42 EST 2011

Hi

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 09:46,  <cisconsp at secureobscure.com> wrote:
> I apologies if I am misunderstanding the purpose of an export map. Perhaps
> there is another mechanism to accomplish this?

As Peter said, the export map is about assigning what RT to which
prefix (most commonly overriding the default 'route-target export RT
X:Y' assignemt). All policies about what prefix to export is done in a
BGP export policy (under router BGP).

In this case where you only want to export one prefix, 0/0, I would
suggest making sure this is the only prefix existing in BGP for this
VRF (get rid of all 'redists' into BGP). That way BGP can't export the
more specifics. That's much easier than fiddeling with VPNv4 export
policies.

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.