[c-nsp] Cisco 3560X performance in the wild

Dave dcostell-cisconsp at torzo.com
Wed Nov 23 09:30:27 EST 2011

On 11/22/2011 08:47 PM, Jeff Kell wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 5:15 PM, Peter Rathlev wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 12:59 -0700, Dave wrote:
>>> I was wondering if anyone has used the 3560X-48T switches and would be
>>> kind enough to give me the good/bad/ugly on them ?
>> We have a couple of WS-C3560X-48T-Ls in use. They seem to function just
>> as "well" as their 24 port cousins. Any specific things on your mind?
>
> We have some C3560X-24Ts (with IP Services upgrades) in production as CE
> routers.  They work as "well" as the 3560s we had been using.  We don't
> have any under serious load, no QoS, and no 10G deployments, so no
> horror stories yet.  Some output drops on some uplinks but doesn't
> "feel" as shallow as 3560 non-Xs.
>
> They run 3560E images.  No idea how much hardware they have in common.
>

> Jeff

Jeff,

The output drops were one of the things I was concerned about. How far
below line rate were you seeing them ? We picked up some 2960s awhile
back and noticed that we started seeing drops at around 400mbps.

Does anyone know how many ports/asic on these switches and/or what the
available bandwidth to the backplane is per asic ?

Thanks

Dave