[c-nsp] Cisco 3560X performance in the wild

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Wed Nov 23 09:44:15 EST 2011

We've seen the output drops on uplink, two Gig attached hosts on the
3560X trying to push hard out the 1 Gig uplink.
With out-of-the-box no tuning or QoS, we'd see it struggle to hit 400 Mbps.
Having tuned it to dump all the buffers into one queue for the uplink,
we can hit 800 Mbps now.
This is also a function of how few and how bursty the hosts are, so YMMV.

-Geoff