[c-nsp] VLAN retag on Cisco 7600 + ES

Vitkovsky, Adam avitkovsky at emea.att.com
Fri Nov 25 07:35:25 EST 2011

Hi,
Now I'm not sure whether you should push 2 or just 1 -or you can use the last one

interface Gi1/0/0
 description TO-3750G
 service instance 123 ethernet
  description Customer VLAN 123
  encapsulation dot1q 123
  rewrite ingress tag push dot1q 1248 symmetric
  or
  rewrite ingress tag push dot1q 123 second-dot1q 1024 symmetric
  or
  rewrite ingress tag translate 1-to-2 dot1q 123 second-dot1q 1248 symmetric
  bridge-domain 12

"symmetric" keyword  -Tags egress packets as specified in encapsulation

-drawback of this type of tag manipulation is that you obviously can only have 1 vlan per service instance

adam