[c-nsp] VLAN retag on Cisco 7600 + ES

Tord Førland tord.forland at nextgentel.com
Fri Nov 25 04:36:23 EST 2011

Hi group!

I need some input on how to provision QinQ sub-interfaces on a 7600 ES interface, but strip the outer tag outbound, and add it inbound.

Cisco 7600 <-> Cisco 3750G

The 3750G can only see a normal dot1q trunk, but due to VLAN limitations on the 7600, I have to use a single transport tag for all customer sub-interfaces on the ES interface, hence the need for QinQ.

Gi1/0/0 has been assigned VLAN 1248 for all customers to be provisioned on that Interface. Is it possible to use 7600 magic to strip the outer tag egress, and add it ingress?  Could "service instance" be used to handle this?

Router is running SRE3.

Any input appreciated!

BR Tord