[c-nsp] Strange Packetloss on ME3600X

Christian Meutes christian at errxtx.net
Mon Nov 28 09:09:43 EST 2011

Hi Waris,

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:23:45 -0800, Waris Sagheer (waris) wrote:

> I suspect it may be built in default control plane policers kicking
> in
> to protect the CPU.

If it's really a policer, then I would be a bit surprised about the
reasons why it needs the following conditions to be true to kick in:

- the source of the pings *must* be a loopback
- the packet size must be between 4 and 7 Byte less than the configured
   MTU
- there needs to be another ME3600X acting as LSR between the ping
   source and ping destination (A-B-C)
- it's only dropping 1 out of 70 pings approximately, and it varies.

> Let me confirm this and will get back to you.

Thanks for your investigation!

Christian