[c-nsp] ASA vs. ASR for large Wireless NAT deployment ?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Nov 28 12:44:07 EST 2011

On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 01:29:41 AM P C wrote:

> I think t-mobile is running public customer trials with
> IPV6-only customers and NAT64.  You can sign up here:
> http://www.personal.psu.edu/dvm105/blogs/ipv6/2010/07/t-m
> obile-ipv6-open-trial.html

We have ours working - of course, Skype and friends don't
work yet (although GTalk is working).

Now we just need to see how it scales on the
ASR1006/RP2/ESP20.

We're using the same boxes as NAT44 for our VoD services.
Cisco reckon 2 million translations for either NAT44 or
NAT64, so 1 million a piece if operating at scale, on the
ESP20.

Mark.