[c-nsp] 2800 series IOS versions.

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Tue Oct 4 19:15:36 EDT 2011

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Jay Hennigan wrote:

|->On 10/4/11 4:00 PM, Keith wrote:
|->>
|->> Have a 2811 and a 2801.
|->>
|->> The 2801 runs this:
|->>
|->> c2801-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin
|->>
|->> The 2811 runs:
|->>
|->> c2800nm-ipbase-mz.123-8.T5.bin
|->>
|->> What does the nm part of the version mean on the 2811?
|->
|->The nm means that it supports network modules (the trapezoidal plug-ins
|->for expansion).  All of the 28xx series except the 2801 support these.
|->
|->I've never tried it but suspect that IOS between the two is not going to
|->be interchangeable.

Thanks Jay. Not looking to upgrade them at the moment, we just bang on
them in our little lab room. Been looking over Cisco's website but could
not find what the nm acutally stood for and what it meant.

Thanks again.
Keith.