[c-nsp] Cisco 7304-NSE-100 used as a border BGP router

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Wed Oct 5 03:26:19 EDT 2011

> Questions:
>
> 3.      Is there something special about this 7304 that I am missing?

It's an old deprecated product which went End of Sale in July 4, 2010.

> 5.      Is this a good choice for a customer router?

I would rather choose an ASR1001. It's a modern platform and do
out-perform a 7304 in every aspect. As the 7304 is EoS, I can't
compare cost, but the ASR1001 is quite reasonably priced.

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.