[c-nsp] Subnetting problem

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:30:54 EDT 2011

Won't it do that for ACLs?

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Jay Nakamura
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:07 PM
To: -Hammer-
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Subnetting problem

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM, -Hammer- <bhmccie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not to stir up any emotions here but it would be convenient if IOS would
recognize .4 (based on the /29 mask) as part of the subnet starting with .0
and just throw it in for you. But I guess we don't want to dumb ourselves
down to much....

I feel like some IOS has done that to me before.  Distinctly remember
putting the wrong net address in and reviewing the config, found that
it changed it to the correct one.  Hmmm...  May be it wasn't IOS.