[c-nsp] Output of bgp advertised-routes with next-hop-self

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Sun Oct 9 08:24:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

maybe we swap incoming/outgoing routes.

> the "output" of the command you have executed locally will *always*
> display the *real* next-hop!

But why ? It obviously is not the nexthop that is sent to the peer.

> Execute the sh ip bgp <neigh> routes/received-routes - depending on config
> to *see* what your peer sees as next-hop!

With that commands I see the routes I receive and not those I advertise to
that peer.
I would like to see which nexthop is sent to the peer.

> The more-important question *IS* -
> why do you have 'next-hop-self' configured?
>
> 1) e-bgp-speaker speaker sending updates to its i-bgp peer/s?
>
> 2) All peers(E an I on same broadcast segment OR part of an NBMA-cloud)-
> the behavior is the same!
> ./Randy

Ok, forget the next-hop-self part, I thought it would have impact on
outgoing routes also.

regards
Rolf