[c-nsp] Output of bgp advertised-routes with next-hop-self

Randy randy_94108 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 19:55:00 EDT 2011

the "output" of the command you have executed locally will *always* display the *real* next-hop!
Execute the sh ip bgp <neigh> routes/received-routes - depending on config to *see* what your peer sees as next-hop!

The more-important question *IS* -
why do you have 'next-hop-self' configured?

1) e-bgp-speaker speaker sending updates to its i-bgp peer/s?

2) All peers(E an I on same broadcast segment OR part of an NBMA-cloud)- the behavior is the same!
./Randy