[c-nsp] Output of bgp advertised-routes with next-hop-self

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Sat Oct 8 19:12:04 EDT 2011

Hi,

I was just wondering about the output of:
sh bgp ipv6 unicast neighbors xxxxx advertised-routes
sh ip bgp neighbors xxxxx advertised-routes

I have configured "next-hop-self" and think that the "Next Hop" column
should show the IP of my side of the (e)BGP session.
Quagga and Foundry XMR behave that expected way, Cisco 7600 does not
(shows my internal nexthop no matter with or without "next-hop-self",
shutting session has no influence either).

Is that a bug or a "feature" ?

Version:
Cisco IOS Software, c7600s72033_rp Software
(c7600s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(2)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)

kind regards
Rolf