[c-nsp] No Link between SFP-10G-LRM and X2-10GB-LX4?

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Mon Oct 10 17:59:31 EDT 2011

The LRM looks like the way to go for you if you are limited by SFP+ as the Andrew pointed out.
The Cisco spec is for 220M at 500MHz fiber on LRM.
Basically with dispersion you will get shorter error free distance so
although the LX4 is only listed for 500MHz it will work at lower modal BW.
It just shortens the range.  Same is true for the LRM.
It will work at lower modal BW but you get shorter ranges.
You are probably close to the limit with 160M and 200MHz modal BW.
And I would say you are over the 'rated' limit.
For reference the 50 micro with 400MHz modal BW the rated limit is 100M.

Mack