[c-nsp] Fwd: calculate Overhead

vijay gore vijaygore27 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:18:47 EDT 2011

Actually at A to B there is Client P2P link, at A END  DC – site & B END  DR
site,

The mentioned link is configured on X-connect.

Vlan 123

*Problem -->  While Shipping oracle log’s from DC To DR, they are getting
connection lost contact. vendor had consult with oracle team, but as per
oracle support there is network issue,

vendor is not getting constant 3 mbps speed, but bandwidth is unlimited.

when copying multiple file then getting max BW utilization.
but when inititiating single connection not getting constant 3 mbps.

Now customer Query is -->

*

Oracle Query ans are ..

1.  Are you using any of the following features..

- SQLNet fixup protocol --> plz tell me any cisco router does this things on
by default on Xconnect ? if yes how to check and how to enable and disable ?
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) --> plz tell me any cisco router does this
things on by default on Xconnect ? if yes how to check and how to enable and
disable ?
- SQLNet packet inspection ? --> plz tell me any cisco router does this
things on by default on Xconnect ? if yes how to check and how to enable and
disable ?
- SQL Fixup --> plz tell me any cisco router does this things on by default
on Xconnect ? if yes how to check and how to enable and disable ?
- SQL ALG (Juniper firewall) --> ans is --> NO

The wording and features can vary by vendor but all the above have some
impact on some packets (not all packets are affected).
Some firewalls can have an adverse effect on certain SQL packets transported
across them (again, some not all).

2. Is there any Firewall on the Network. --> firewall is installed but
traffic is not routing through firewall. becoz it;s local LAN.

3. CLIENT DC has a CISCO firewall. Is the DR network routed through this
Firewall? NO