[c-nsp] ASR9k CWDM Optics

cisconsp at SecureObscure.com cisconsp at SecureObscure.com
Fri Oct 14 20:52:00 EDT 2011

Good evening everyone,

We have a requirement to use passive CWDM boxes (limited dark fiber) between
3 sites within the same metro area for point to point 10gig connections, and
are wondering what CWDM optics are compatible with our ASR 9006 routers. The
cisco pricing tool does not display any colored XFP modules for the line
cards in the 9k.  We are not currently married to a CWDM mux or optic
vendor, although cost is an obvious concern, and are willing to explore
non-Cisco solutions providing the feedback from their users is positive.

If you have experience with 10gig CWDM between 9k's, or have similar
deployments, please let me know your thoughts and experiences. Thanks for
your time,

John