[c-nsp] 10/100/1000 copper SFP in ASR9k / autoneg

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Thu Oct 20 03:11:21 EDT 2011

> > Not helping, I know. Channelling Gert.
> *wake up*

:-)

> I think this is all just logical.  Look at the PA-FE-TX and PA-2FE-TX
> on 7200s.

Yeah - agree totally. But then you find something like the 3750ME which
supports autoneg on two gigabit SFP ports but not on the other two (kind of
logical once you figure out that two ports are "router" ports and two are
"switch" ports). But that information is buried deep in documentation -
which is usually well after you a first page (elsewhere in this thread) that
lists compatibility with the SFP; then find other documentation that says
that the platform supports autoneg with the GLC-T but doesn't have a * next
to it alerting you to the different-port caveat; then you need to find the
third document.

Annoying...

B.