[c-nsp] 10/100/1000 copper SFP in ASR9k / autoneg

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Oct 19 06:36:26 EDT 2011

You have to manually set the speed for these ports in the 40 port line cards. I might suggest just using a layer-2 switch and a 10 gig trunk instead to have usable auto-neg. Finance math may win if you are doing mostly 10 gig as it drops the cost per port/slot.

I certainly have been frustrated at the lack of tri-rate auto-neg SFP cards from Cisco across many product lines.

Jared Mauch