[c-nsp] Cisco SNMP - RFC4292 (IP-FORWARD) & RFC4293 (IP-MIB)

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:26:09 EDT 2011

According to Cisco, the new RFC 4293 and RFC 4292 Mibs now have
support on the 7600's, at least running 12.2(33)SRE.  I'm not an SNMP
expert by any stretch of the imagination but I can usually figure out
how to get what I need.  I can't quite do it with these mibs.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the global-unique IP address for
all interfaces (that have a global-unique address).  Reading through
the mibs, I'm not 100% sure that can be done.  It looks to me like
global-unique is in the Zone-E scope of addresses and the mibs may not
be able to look at those, they only support down to Zone-D.

I'm also trying to retrieve the entire IPv6 RIB on my routers.  Again
it looks like there is support for it but I can't quite figure out the
correct SNMP oids and tables to get it done.

If someone with some knowledge of these could point me in the right
direction I would be ever so appreciative.

For others who are trying this as well, you'll need the RFC4001
version of the INET-ADDRESS-MIB mib as well.

Also, I hear the 7600's should have a BGP4 mib that supports the ipv6
address family available sometime in November, so here's to hoping
that's true!

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....