[c-nsp] 6509 port-channel logical interfaces

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 03:27:38 EDT 2011

On 10/21/2011 12:19 AM, Keegan Holley wrote:
> I need to add a port channel with L3 sub interfaces to a 6509 with a
> SUP720.  Here's the code and a sh mod from the box.  This isn't explicitly
> in the feature navigator.  Is this not supported at all or do I just need a
> different code version or feature set.

Do you mean:

int Po1
   no switchport
   no ip address
int Po1.1
   encapsulation dot1q blah
   ip address blah

AFAIK this works. The usual warning about sub-ints on 6500 apply; they
burn the VLAN tag internally anyway, so you might as well just use an
SVI (unless you want BFD GRR CISCO but it's rubbish on 6500 anyway)