[c-nsp] 2921 Fan noise

Erik Soosalu erik.soosalu at calyxinc.com
Sat Oct 22 14:44:27 EDT 2011

Anyone know if there is a way to quiet down the fans in a 2921?

I've got one that will be deployed in an office space and I'm going to
hear about it if I don't do something.

Show environment says that it is a quiet as its going to get, but the
fans are really loud still (much louder that the 2821 it is replacing)

SYSTEM FAN STATUS

=================

Fan 1 OK, Low speed setting

Fan 2 OK, Low speed setting

Fan 3 OK, Low speed setting

Fan 4 OK, Low speed setting

SYSTEM TEMPERATURE STATUS

Intake Left temperature: 25 Celsius, Normal

Intake Right temperature: 27 Celsius, Normal

Exhaust Left temperature: 32 Celsius, Normal

Exhaust Right temperature: 32 Celsius, Normal

CPU temperature: 54 Celsius, Normal

Power Supply Unit temperature: 26 Celsius, Normal

Thanks,

Erik