[c-nsp] 3750 Metro internal vlan allocation for loopback?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Oct 26 14:14:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:57:31AM -0700, Jared Gillis wrote:
> Along similar lines, I investigated to see whether it was possible
> to manually assign a VLAN id to the lo1 interface, but there does
> not seem to be any switchport or vlan-related commands available
> on that if:

Well, Loopbacks are not VLANs... and by definition, not hardware-related...

We're not having 3750MEs - but if we had some, I would complain to TAC and
your cisco account team and explain in no uncertain words that this change
is completely unacceptable and Needs To Be Fixed Right Now.

(Then I'll feel better - and a few months later the code will be still
this way, but it will be documented in some engineering notes, hidden in
a dusty cellar behind a sign "beware of the leopard")

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de