[c-nsp] 3750 Metro internal vlan allocation for loopback?

Jared Gillis jared.a.gillis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:32:50 EDT 2011

Hi Manu,

I did try what you suggested. Simply shutting the lo1 interface wasn't enough to remove the internal vlan assignment, the only way I could make that happen was to delete the lo1 interface and reload the chassis (ouch). Post-reload, I manually assigned vlan 1006 and gave it a name as you suggested, and then re-created lo1. This time it took vlan 1007.

This isn't really a solution for me, because my deployed switches have many vlans assigned to them, in ascending order, so 1007 is usually in use (this continues up to 1050 or so on some switches).

If I could change the vlan allocation policy, I could work around this issue by letting lo1 take vlan 4000 or so. This isn't possible on 3750s though:
vlan internal allocation policy ?
  ascending  Allocate internal VLAN in ascending order

No descending option. =(