[c-nsp] bgp from scratch

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Sat Oct 29 07:01:47 EDT 2011

If you're just starting out, you could probably do away with setting the route-maps and just use a network statement under router bgp.  Route maps and communities could be a little overkill for what you are maybe trying to do.

Also, the global routing table is almost 7 times bigger now than it was in 1998, so make sure you have enough memory.

There are lots of calculators out there to determine appropriate memory requirements based on the expected number of received prefixes.

--

Sent from my mobile device