[c-nsp] LACP and Wireless links

Graham Beneke graham at neology.co.za
Sat Sep 3 15:39:40 EDT 2011

I typed out a whole response and it appears that it never made it here...

On 31/08/2011 05:59, Andrew Jones wrote:
> do you need layer 2 adjacency?

Yes - it is a requirement. A number of the systems teams depending on
the installation will have high availability setups that need L2. There
may well be ways of doing this without L2 but the systems guys aren't keen.

> fast LACP timers might work, depending if the WAN provider forwards them across the SDH network for you. Some other layer 2 services such as VPLS don't.

Its not so much a WAN provider. The microwave team has installed L2
circuits for me and I plug directly into the back of their radios. The
equipment is pretty much a dumb bridge.

> Configuring the links as routed links and using something like OSPF. EIGRP, with Bi-directional forwarding detection enabled would do the trick, if you don't need layer 2.

Haven't got much further than a bit of lab tinkering with BFD. Does it
perform well in production?

--
Graham Beneke