[c-nsp] ReUSE AS number per VRF

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Sat Sep 3 13:47:52 EDT 2011

On Saturday, September 3, 2011, ar <ar_djp at yahoo.com> wrote:
> yup I know this private AS numbers...I tested in the GNS3 applying
overlapping AS at PE router but on different VRFs...our service is MPLS VPN
service to clients...one vrf per client. and PE-to-CE routing protocol will
be BGp. that's why I am making sure that reusing AS to different VRFs wont
be an issue....because there will be lots of CE to configure with BGP...

- Even if they are not seen - it is an extremely bad idea to use anything
other than the private ones for a customer who hasnt registered one.

Possible yes - good idea - no