[c-nsp] sup2T software & release notes have hit

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Sep 5 10:44:36 EDT 2011

On 05/09/11 15:40, Jon Lewis wrote:

> [from show platform hardware capacity]
> L3 Forwarding Resources
> FIB TCAM usage: Total Used %Used
> 72 bits (IPv4, MPLS, EoM) 622592 368412 59%
> 144 bits (IP mcast, IPv6) 212992 7041 3%

   FIB TCAM usage:                     Total        Used       %Used
        72 bits (IPv4, MPLS, EoM)     262144          20          1%
       144 bits (IP mcast, IPv6)      131072           8          1%
       288 bits (IPv6 mcast)           65536           1          1%

This is a non-XL sup2T. So, identical to a non-XL sup720 IIRC.
Presumably the XLs have the same specs.

> As IPv4 runs out, I suspect we're going to see continued, if not
> explosive, IPv4 routing table growth, and I'll be very disappointed if
> cisco didn't engineer the Sup2T to support more routes than all previous
> models. If not, hopefully there's some more capable PFC/DFC on the way,

Nope.

> or maybe cisco just wants to eventually stop people from using the 6500
> platform as a full BGP router and sell more ASRs or something.

ASR9k, one suspects.