[c-nsp] VRF Selection based on IP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Sep 6 15:53:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 11:03:56AM -0500, Dave Weis wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to implement VRF selection based on incoming IP on a 7200?
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/vrfselec.html
>
> This is listed as only being supported on the 12000 series.

It is supported in 12.2S on 7200 as well.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be supported on 12.4 or 15.0, and
12.2S is end-of-everything.  So on the one router that we're using this
feature, we're kind of stuck in nowhere-land...

Just checked with feature navigator: it tells me that it's supported in
12.2(25)S<number> as well.  Nothing else.  So I'd strongly recommend
against using it for anything, as it will bite you when you need to
upgrade or change platforms.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de