[c-nsp] HSRP added to SVI, IP accounting no longer works.

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Sep 7 03:27:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 08:18:01PM -0700, cisco group wrote:
> After adding HSRP to our SVI we are no longer receiving data in IP
> accounting.  I have attached before and after configs.  Is anyone able
> to indicate what would be causing this?  Is it CEF related?  Can we
> run IP accounting or will we need to look at migrating towards
> NetFlow?

What sort of hardware and software is that?

I'm not sure if "ip accounting out" ever worked on hardware-CEF platforms
(most likely, it did count something, but that "something" are the packets
seen by the CPU, not by the hardware).

Netflow + mls nde is what you want on a 6500 (even if it has limitations,
it's way better than ip accounting).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de