[c-nsp] Basic IOS questions

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Sep 12 04:51:23 EDT 2011

On 10/09/2011 14:09, "Rolf Hanßen" wrote:
> Isn't there a way just to switch the order ?

pipe it to "tail -r" on unix.

> Obviously somebody at Cisco also thinks it could be comfortable, "sh ip
> ospf events" is ordered descent for example. ;)

I'm not quite sure why you expect command consistency from a piece of
software which has had hundreds, possibly thousands of authors over the
last 20 years. :-)

> The missing part was "service tcp-keepalives-in"
>
> So this config works as far as I can see:
> service tcp-keepalives-in
> line vty 0 4
>  exec-timeout 0 0

"service tcp-keepalives-in" is merely a workaround for the peculiarities of
your own internal firewalling policy.

Nick